Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fresh Salsa!

I made my first attempt at fresh salsa today. I searched around the internet looking for an easy recipe and found one. Of course, every recipe calls for jalapeno peppers, of which we have none. Didn't plant any this year. So I substituted garden salsa peppers, which are milder. Instead of 2 jalapeno peppers with no seeds, I used 3 garden salsa peppers with seeds from 2 of them. The result was an awesome flavored, very mild salsa. But since I was really making this for Richard, at his request, I added 3 more garden salsa peppers, with all the seeds. I'll have to get his opinion a little later on the revised version.

David had another soccer practice this morning. He had a lot of fun. They had a practice game at the end of practice, and he really enjoyed it. They don't play with goalies, and only 4 from each team on the field at one time. They have a half circle close to the goal that they can't go in unless the ball strays accidentally. It'll be fun to watch a game next week.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm. Salsa! I bet that WAS good!

    I would love to watch David play soccer. Tell him that I just know he's a good player!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat is in the veins, not the seeds. If you roast the peppers before making salsa, it adds flavor and a little heat. I LOVE homemade salsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone told me the heats in the seeds. But I chopped the whole thing up, veins, seeds, everything except the stems. How do you roast peppers?

    ReplyDelete