Tuesday, September 8, 2009

If Its Not One Thing....

Its another. This morning, immediately after I put the kids on the bus, I got out my Rainbow vacuum. Now I've been having problems with the switch on the vacuum, not the canister, but the switch you have to squeeze to send power to the vacuum for it to actually work. Its been sticking for a while, and it was stuck this morning as well. But when I turned on the canister, the dang thing wouldn't work. I fiddled with it. And fiddled with it some more. After about 10 minutes, I determined that there wasn't anything I could do and that I'd have to buy a new vacuum if I ever wanted to vacuum the living room.

So I started researching the best place to buy a vacuum. But not just any vacuum. This vacuum: http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC25-ALLFLOORS. I've been wanting a Dyson for a while, and I just said on Saturday while I was talking to my sister-in-law, Elizabeth, that when my Rainbow died that I wanted to get a Dyson. I found this vacuum at bestbuy.com, and it was on sale for about $425. With tax, it was $450. I was able to do the in-store pick-up, but the store didn't open until 10 am. Here's where it got tricky....

Nathaniel gets out of school at 10:30, and it usually home (last week, anyway) around 11:15 am. I had to wait to get an email from the store that the vacuum was in stock, and I was out the door and on my way at 10:10 am. Its about a 25 minute drive to Onalaska, and I spent about 5 minutes in the store, and another 25 minute drive home. I got home about 11:10, and had time to go in, use the bathroom and go back outside before the bus pulled in the driveway. Never again will I cut it that close. If I hadn't been home, they would have taken Nathaniel back to the school and I would have had to go pick him up there.

Nathaniel helped me put the Dyson together, and then I set to work. Now its been a couple of weeks since the living room was vacuumed, and with 2 dogs that shed, plus 2 kids, it was in dire need of it. I had to dump the canister 4 times while I vacuumed the living room. Now before you are completely disgusted, let me say that the room is about 24' x 24'. So its not a small room. And it'll be way better after this. Now that the kids are in school, I have a schedule of chores to do for each weekday, and the living room will get vacuumed 3 times a week, not including the weekend. Yes, I am a nerd. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you have a Dyson! I am anxiously awaiting the day that I have one of those in my house - they are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save up your hard earned money! They are spendy, but totally worth it. And watch for sales. I ended up saving about $75 (after tax) because I got it on sale.

    ReplyDelete