Monday, October 5, 2009

Fevers and Coughs and Sniffles....

Oh my! I took David to the Dr today, along with Nathaniel. Without making Nathaniel sleepy, there isn't a lot we can do for his motion sickness, except try things like crackers, or peppermint candy. Oh well, it was worth a shot. The Dr can't do anything for David, either. Although he did say that if David is still running a fever on Wednesday that I should bring him in for some tests. Tests, I'm guessing, that include checking for the H1N1 virus. We'll just wait and see, I guess.

Richard is going bow hunting after work tonight. Again trying for a deer. Every time he's gone, his buddy has either seen one or more deer, or has shot one, and Richard has seen none. Hopefully tonight will be the night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry David's not feeling well - hopefully he'll be better soon!
    Have you tried the magnetic motion sickness bracelets for Nathaniel? They are supposed to be helpful for nausea, as is ginger ale or just candied ginger that he can nibble on during the ride or just prior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth! David's fever went back up this evening. It was as high as 104.8, but that was right after he got up from his nap, and right before bed it was 101.2, which is much, much better.

    I haven't tried one of the bracelets for Nathaniel, I honestly don't think he'd wear it. Ginger & peppermint are both supposed to be good for nausea, so we'll have to see which works best.

    ReplyDelete