Monday, July 13, 2009

Grilling Out & One Short Haircut!

One thing that we like to do during the summer is grill out. A lot. Almost every night. I'm the one who actually gets to do the grilling, since Richard is usually on his way home while I'm working on dinner. Anyway, we were looking for some seasonings to add to our beef, chicken & pork, and we found these awesome Weber Grind and Grill seasonings at Sam's Club. Kick'n Chicken and Chicago steak. We're going to try the Kick'n Chicken on pork chops tonight, and we put the Chicago Steak on our burgers on Saturday and they were yummy!

David has been begging me to shave his head bald for the last couple of months. I kept putting him off. A month or so ago I bought a set of Wahl clippers, so I could start cutting the kids' hair at home instead of paying $25 for both of them to get their hair cut. Anyway, this past Saturday, David again asked me, "Can you shave my head?" So I countered with, "If Daddy says its ok, then I will." Knowing that Richard would probably say yes, but I wanted to make sure. And, of course, the answer was yes! I could shave his head without a guard on the clippers, but not shave his head with a razor like Uncle Chris does. He was so excited, he could hardly contain himself. I should have taken some before pictures, but didn't think about it until it was too late. So here is an "after" picture.

David hamming it up, as usual.
The boys had their first day of VBS today. David was kinda worried about it this morning, so I told him if he didn't like it today, he didn't have to go back. When we picked them up, David looks at me and says, "Mom, I think I've decided that I want to come back tomorrow. They're having a bounce house." One of those big, blow up jumping things, I'm assuming.

4 comments:

  1. David's haircut would feel good down here. Yesterday and today it's been 105 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now do I have to follow suit?? Riley wants a Mohawk!! I told him he'd have to discuss it with his dad too. Hopefully Clint will be a little more conservative!!:) But hey - it's only hair right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David had a mohawk for about 10 seconds. Then I shaved it off. Now if I could only get Nathaniel to sit still long enough to cut his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! David looks so different!! Always the ham though, just like you said. I'm enjoying your blog. I leave for Convention in Sioux Falls on Monday. :)

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete