Thursday, July 30, 2009

Softball and that Darn Cat! and Dog!

Nathaniel is also very excited to see his daddy when he finally gets home from work. So much so that he usually is the first one to him when he walks in. In the picture below, he climbed up onto the back of the couch and was hugging him and patting him on the back. Also notice the haircut. His daddy did that. At mommy's request, since Nathaniel won't sit still for me.

I took this one this morning; because the boys went to bed so late cause of the softball game, David didn't get up until 9:30 am. He came downstairs and cuddled with Nathaniel while he was waiting for me to get his breakfast.


Richard's softball game didn't go as planned. His team lost 13-6. Which was considerably better than the previous team's loss (there are back to back games) which was 26-5. They would probably play better if they did a couple of things. One is practice. Two is not start drinking until AFTER the game is over. Because it was basically dark when the game started & I was taking pictures through a chain link fence, they didn't come out all that great. We sat in front of 3rd base, which is the position Richard played, and I did get a few, but they aren't all that decent. But for your viewing pleasure....

Here's David being a ham as usual.
Richard through the chain link fence.
Right after lunch I opened the front door to let Stormy (my dog) outside and what do I see? A dead mouse. Morgan the cat brought us a present. And Stormy apparently thought the gift was for her, cause she grabbed it. Luckily I got her to drop it before she ate it (yuck!!) and I scooped it up in a dustpan and took it out to the burn barrel. We've seen her catch mice and let them go & play with them, but this is the first time she's brought one to the front door. Lets hope she doesn't make a habit of it.

1 comment: