Sunday, July 5, 2009

I got to take a nap this afternoon! After I put Nathaniel down for a nap, I told David and Conner that I was going to go upstairs to lay down. That was about 1:15. I woke up at 2:30, thinking I heard Nathaniel crying, but when I peeked into his room, he was still out cold. I heard David & Conner talking, but that was it. So I went back to bed. Nathaniel came into my room about 3:45, crawled into bed with me and cuddled for a few minutes. So cute! When we came downstairs, David announced, "Mom, we were hungry, so we had 3 granola bars." "Three?" I ask, "Three all together or 3 each?" I already knew the answer, but I wanted him to tell me. "Three each, Mom." "Well, how did you get them open?" I was thinking that they got his scissors out and used those, which would've been fine. "We worked and worked really hard at it, and finally did it!" I couldn't get mad at them, they were being self-sufficient. And I'm not suprised that they were hungry, they didn't each much for lunch. I guess I need to put granola bars on the Sam's Club list.

Later in the week I'm planning on taking all 3 boys to the Sparta swimming pool. I called them today to get prices and directions, since this will be the first time we've gone to the pool since moving here in March, '08. The kid I talked to, and really he couldn't have been more than 15 or 16, couldn't tell me how to get there. He couldn't even tell me what street it was on, let alone how to drive there. Do I know where the golf course is? Sort of. Do I know where the baseball diamonds are? No. Umm, well, go to the golf course, turn and there will be a couple of buildings, its right by that. Um, could you be more specific? No? So I called a guy from church, who I know because we sing on the worship team together. He works for the city, so I figured he could give me directions that I could understand. Success!

We didn't get a chance to mow the lawn before we left for Texas last week, because we kept getting rain, and the grass wasn't getting dried out enough to mow before it rained again. So we came home to more of a pasture than a lawn. Richard got most of it mowed on Friday, since he had the day off, but I finished it up this evening after dinner. Some may think that it really shouldn't take 2 people to mow a lawn. My mom & dad would beg to differ. As do we. While mom & dad have 7 acres, only about 1 or 1 1/2 is what they actually mow. We have about 1/2 an acre to mow. With a walk behind lawn mower. A good part of it isn't bad, cause its pretty level and there aren't a lot of trees. The part I mowed had a huge pine tree and a nice shade tree. Oh, and its on an incline. Granted its a self propelled mower, but you still have to push it up the hill. It only took me about an hour, but it was hard work. We really need a riding mower, but can't justify the cost. Especially since we just rent the place. There is no guarentee that we'll need it when we're ready to move again. Now if there was a used one available for a couple hundred dollars, we'd make the exception.

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. I was glad to read the first sentence of this post! You are one busy lady - so you deserve any nap you can get!
    That's funny about that boy giving you 'directions'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you don't read my 'answer' on my post - to your comment - I only got about a quart or two of the blueberries. Mother froze lots - and will make yummy blueberry pies!!

    ReplyDelete