Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first post!

Welcome to my blog! Here I'll talk about our family's recent goings-on, things to come and the hilarious things our kids do and say.

Our most recent big thing was a family reunion in Texas. It was my Dad's side of the family. I saw cousins I haven't seen since I was a teenager, and now they are married and one has the two most adorable kids (next to ours, of course) that I've ever seen! (Hi, Elizabeth!) This was also the first reunion since 2001 that Richard was able to come to a reunion since he was in Iraq for the last 2 reunions.

David scored big time this past weekend when he went with Uncle Chris and Aunt Heather from the reunion to their home in Minnesota. I miss him lots more than I thought I would, and can't wait to pick him up on Saturday. Suprisingly, Nathaniel has only asked about his big brother twice; I think he's enjoying his alone time with Mom & Dad.

Nathaniel is back in summer school today. He has his pre-kindergarten summer school class in the mornings until next Friday, and he'll start pre-k this fall. He'll just be eligible to start school in the fall. They take kids who turn 4 before Sept 1st. He'll turn 4 August 12th. He's so excited about school and getting to ride the bus!

Oh, one thing to explain. I think some folks at the reunion are under the impression that my David's first name is David. It, in fact, is not. He is named for both of his Grandfathers. Richard & David. So Richard David goes by David because it is much less confusing to do that then have a Grandpa Richard, his Dad is Richard & he be Richard as well. So David it is. Until such time that he decides he wants to be a Richard.

4 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Thanks for explaining about David's name.

    Oh, it was so good to visit with you. mm. mm.

    Love the picture on your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not ALL of your cousins are married with adorable kids. Hello! But it was great seeing you last weekend! And to meet your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I saw you AFTER I got married! At the Durango reunion in 2000 (or was it 2001?) Wasn't Will there too? It was great to see you and meet Ryan and I look forward to seeing you again in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri! Love your blog!! Will you please send me your e-mail so I can add you to mine? I have it listed as private, so I just need your e-mail and then you can read it anytime!

    ReplyDelete