Friday, July 3, 2009

Working again, David & Reunion Pictures

Well, Richard got the PC going again yesterday. We think the power supply might be going out. Luckily, its only a $30ish part, so if we have to buy one, its not a huge deal. Much cheaper than buying a new computer. And we’ve had this one since 2004. Yeah, we’ve added some memory, and some additional hard drive space (a terabyte), so there is no reason to get a new one if we can fix the old one right? We’ll see how much longer this one lasts…..

We talked to David again last night. I wasn’t even on the phone with him for 2 minutes before he started crying. Made me cry, too. I had to explain to him that he only had 2 more sleeps before he’d see us again. It was about all I could take. “I miss you so much, Mommy, and I miss Daddy, and Nathaniel and the dogs, too.” All said amid the sobs of a 6 year old.” And I love you so much, and I miss you so much and I want you to come and get me now.” Talk about ripping out my heart and stomping on it. This morning Richard and I were wondering who he was going to hug first. Richard’s theory? Whoever he sees first.

Here are the reunion pictures I mentioned earlier. Many thanks to Nancy, Sam and Will for taking them!


Richard and I in a rare moment without the kids.




All of the 2nd cousins. My brother, Chris, is behind me in the light blue shirt.




David and Nathaniel are on the far right, with the cousins that are under 10.



Our family.

Just the four of us.



Again, the four of us, with David doing what he does best. Hamming it up!

Richard and I are going to see Transformers 2 tonight. I'll have to give it a review tomorrow. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment