Sunday, July 19, 2009

Piano Playing & Baking in Silence

Today's 1st service at church went fairly well. Couple of minor stumbles, but nothing that was too noticeable. The big one was the closing song. I was ready, did the intro to "Awesome God" and when I went into the beginning of the chorus, no one, including the worship team, sang. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the words weren't up on the big screen. So there was a bit of an awkward pause, but oh well. I didn't get fired. Oh, wait, I volunteered.

I went to church today by myself, as Richard, his dad & the boys went to Cabela's in Owatonna, MN. So it was wonderfully quiet when I got home, aside from the welcoming barks of the dogs. I got some lunch, unloaded the dishwasher and started baking for treats for Financial Peace University tonight. In total silence. Its wonderful. No music, no kids yelling, no TV blaring, nothing. Shhhh. Do you hear that? Yep. Silence.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

1 comment:

  1. LOL.... as lovely and precious as children are, silence is so nice sometimes!

    ReplyDelete