Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Swimming Today!

Well, I was going to take the kids swimming today. I called the pool to double check the time that they opened. Its a good thing I did. The pool was closed today for a swim meet. But the pool will be open tomorrow from 1:30-4:30 pm. What bizarre hours! When I was growing up, the pool at home would be open from noon to 5:30, closed from 5:30 to 6:00 and then open from 6:00-8:00. The problem with taking the boys tomorrow? Its supposed to thunderstorm; a 40% chance in the afternoon. Although there is supposed to be a high of 83 degrees tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see.

I started mowing the yard today. I got less than a 1/3 of it done before I hit a big, huge (ok, not that huge) rock by the garden. It stopped the mower. I thought it would be a good thing to let Richard take a look at it before I tried to start the mower again. Its not usually a good thing when the mower shuts itself off.

Within the last couple of months I've started playing piano for the worship team at church. For 2nd service, which is no big deal since its a contemporary service & we mostly do praise & worship choruses, and all I have to play is chords. Well, the lady who generally plays for 1st service asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could play next week for 1st service, which is the traditional service, usually consisting of hymns. I agreed, albeit somewhat reluctantly. You see, unlike some of my relatives who can play hymns by ear or sit down and sight read music easily, I can't do either. Hymns are my least favorite type of music to play; its something I've always struggled with. So anyway, this lady picked out some songs for me to choose from, since it kinda appears that I'm supposed to come up with the song order and whatnot. Well, I just got the music today, since she just picked it out yesterday. I've kinda been bugging her for the last week or so, since I would be more comfortable having more time to practice the songs. Oh well. I'm manage. I hope.


1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I just TAGGED you on my blog. I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete