Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Halfway through July, A New Mower and An Up and Coming Artist

I can't believe we're already half-way through July! It hasn't been horribly hot (except for when we were in Texas) so it hasn't been too bad. I don't think I mentioned it when I started this blog, but its my goal to post something every day. So far, I haven't missed a day yet.

We got a call from the shop that we took our "new" riding grass-mower (what David calls it) to. Its all fixed! We just dropped it off on Monday, so we were suprised that it was done so quickly. We were a little apprehensive when we went to pick it up, as I thought he was going to call with an estimate prior to doing the work, but he didn't. So hoping the bill wouldn't be over $100, we headed over.....and the bill only came to $65!! That's with a new battery & new ignition switch. The batteries Richard had priced on the internet were $50! This one? $28! And labor? Hang on, its a doosey! $15! And a few other small things, and now our new-to-us mower is home.

This mower actually reminds me of a bit of dialogue in one of my favorite movies. Lets see if you can figure out which one. I'll tell you at the end of the post
"What a piece of junk!"
"....She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid...."

David loves to create. Whether its with crayons, markers, colored pencils, glittler, foam shapes, stuff from my scrapbooking collection, you name it, he uses it. This was a picture he was working on at VBS today and finished it at home this evening. He's supposed to be the one laying sideways. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but he's very proud of it.


I, however, am more proud of this one. You may have to click on the picture to see it, but I love what HE wrote, WITHOUT any help. (sniff, sniff) My boy's a 1st grader! Oh, and if you couldn't tell from the picture, he's a lefty. If he doesn't make a living in the Air Force; he says he's going to fly fighter jets, he'll be an artist. I love you, little man!


Oh, and the movie? "Star Wars: A New Hope" Where Luke sees the Millenium Falcon for the first time. Here it is again:
Luke: "What a piece of junk!"
Han: "She'll make point 5 past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. But we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board, we'll get out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment