Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Company and a Funny Email

Our nephew Conner & my father-in-law came for a week long visit today. It seems like every other week someone is coming to our house. Oh, wait. It is about every other week! Richard hasn't seen his dad since December when he went back to Idaho to elk hunt, and it was March, 2008 when the boys and I saw him.

I got a funny email yesterday from a lady in our Financial Peace University class. I got a kick out of it and thought you might, too. Here it is....

Do you know your HYMNS?
Dentist's Hymn..................Crown Him with Many Crowns
Weatherman's Hymn...There Shall Be Showers of Blessings
Contractor's Hymn..............The Church's One Foundation
The Tailor's Hymn......................Holy, Holy, Holy
The Golfer's Hymn............There's a Green Hill Far Away
The Politician's Hymn...............Standing on the Promises
Optometrist's Hymn..........Open My Eyes That I Might See
The IRS Agent's Hymn.................I Surrender All
The Gossip's Hymn.....................Pass It On
The Electrician's Hymn.................Send The Light
The Shopper's Hymn....................Sweet Bye and Bye
The Realtor's Hymn. . . . . . I've Got a Mansion Just over the Hilltop
The Massage Therapists Hymn . . . ......He Touched Me

The Doctor's Hymn......................The Great Physician
AND
for those who speed on the highway - a few hymns:
45mph....................God Will Take Care of You
65mph.....................Nearer My God To Thee
85mph.....................This World Is Not My Home
95mph....................Lord, I'm Coming Home
100mph.... ........ ....Precious Memories

Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.

We had below normal temps again today. I think the high was 61. Its 59 as I type this. I hope you all are having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love that "Do You Know Your Hymns"!! So funny!
    And the speeding thing-- hilarious!
    Thanks for sharing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the piano playing going? My comment on your post didn't come through. my advice was Pray first!! Usually they call me the night before, and although I know most of them, invariably they pick ones in the "nasty" keys!! The other problem is that our piano is an electric organ which requires me to self sustain with no pedals. This is a challenge for me.
    Thus my advice, Pray first!!

    ReplyDelete