Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nap Time

When I picked the boys up from VBS this afternoon I got quite a surprise. Nathaniel was out cold on one of the pews. He's so used to taking an afternoon nap that he just couldn't stay awake. He had only been asleep for a few minutes, but he looked so cute laying there with his thumb in his mouth. So peaceful and oblivious to what was going on around him. One of the older kids that was helping offered to carry him out to the car, but as soon as she picked him up he was awake. That was totally normal; if I'd been taking him out of his car seat to carry him into our house, I could have taken him right up to bed and he would have gone back to sleep. But that 5-10 minute catnap was enough to get him through to a 9:00 pm bedtime. Now just thinking about it is making me want to go be peaceful and oblivious. You know, I think that's a fabulous idea. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment