Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Errands & Potty Training and an Almost BIrthday

This morning I got up at 7:00 to take a shower and get dressed so that I would be up & ready before the boys, mostly cause we're still doing the potty-training thing and I didn't want to have to leave Nathaniel while I showered. I heard him in his room after I was out of the shower, so I went to get him and take him to the bathroom. What I got was a huge suprise when I opened the bedroom door. A huge puddle of pee on the floor (hardwood floors). I didn't know that the kid had that big of a bladder. Not a fun mess to clean up.

So the morning didn't start well in the potty training area, but while we were out running errands for a couple of hours, Nathaniel did stay dry the entire time, and only went potty 1 time. We gave away some cucumbers, picked up some more Tootsie Pops, dropped off some Financial Peace University posters, got David registered for school and played for a little while on the playground equipment at David's school. Oh, and we also bought some local sweet corn. Yummy!

The afternoon didn't go horribly potty-training wise, but it wasn't great, either. Trying to find rewards for staying dry is tough with Nathaniel. The suckers only worked part of the time today. Otter Pops worked so-so, and chocolate milk was so-so as well. If only he wasn't so stubborn. I did lose my patience a little when Nathaniel peed on the floor right in front of his potty. After severely scolding him & making him cry, things went much better. I know, you aren't supposed to get mad about accidents, but he was right in front of his potty! After that, things went better, with no more accidents the rest of the night! He, like all boys, likes to pee outside, so while we were outside in the afternoon he went potty on a tree a couple of different times.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot easier on the potty training front. Nathaniel turns 4 tomorrow, so we'll make a big deal about big 4 year old boys not going potty in their underwear and how he's a big boy now and, well, I guess we'll see. I was able to get most of his presents wrapped this afternoon, just a couple left and we're all set. I'm going to have David help me make him a birthday pie while Nathaniel is napping. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie that I mentioned last week (Thursday, I think) I'll have to post pictures tomorrow.

And I also want to give a shout-out to my cousin, Laura, who is celebrating her birthday today. I won't talk about how old she is (mainly cause I have no idea). So....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment