Saturday, August 1, 2009

The First Official School Shopping Day

Today David and I spent the day together. Richard was working, so I asked our Super Awesome Babysitter, Emma, to come over and watch Nathaniel while David and I went shopping. It was originally just going to be me going grocery shopping, which we desperately needed, but it turned into a school clothes/Sam's Club/Woodman's shopping day, with, after a brief stop at home, another run into town to buy misc. items and school supplies for David.

We got an awesome deal at Kohls for David. Four pairs of jeans for $44 dollars and 4 t-shirts (two for Nathaniel & 2 for David) for $25 and 2 packages of socks for David for $11 for a grand total of $83 with tax. The jeans alone were a great deal. Regularly $24 each, after the sale price & extra 15% discount they were just under $11 each.

Then we went to Sams' for groceries & then to Woodmans for more groceries. I'm not sure what the equivalent to Woodmans would be in the South, but its comparable to Winco in Idaho. Their prices on some things are better than Wal-Mart, but on others, Wal-Mart is actually cheaper.

We headed home about 1:30, since I told Emma the Super Awesome Babysitter that we'd be home by 2:00. We stopped and got the mail on the way down the driveway, and discovered that David had a letter from his school. When we discovered that Emma was excited to find out who David's 1st grade teacher was, and so we had to look his account up on the school district website. His teacher will be Mrs. Lian. Whoever that is. Also in his letter was a school supplies list, and since Richard got home about 2:15, we decided to go back into town to go to Wal-Mart for school supplies and some other non-grocery items.

Since Nathaniel's birthday is coming up on the 12th, David wanted to buy him a birthday present. (a Transformer, of course) He bought the present for Nathaniel with his own money. Money he got from Richard's dad for his birthday. He also has been talking about getting some plastic army men (remember the movie "Toy Story"?) so he got 3 packages of those ($1 per package) and some twist up Crayola crayons that he's been wanting. I swear, that kid is going to be an artist. He'll sit and color for hours.

The list of school supplies was long and redundant. 2 pencil boxes (2? why 2?) 3 packages of Crayola 8 count markers (why 3?) I have to comment on that. The packages of 8 count markers were $2.50 each. OR you could buy a package of 10 Crayola markers for $1 each. Hmmm. Which ones to get..... yeah. You know the answer to that one. Soooo $38 for school supplies. And that was just David. Now we get to do it for Nathaniel, but I think I'm going to take him with me. That'll be interesting.

Somewhere in the midst of the day I ended up with a migraine. About 6 weeks ago I finally went to the doctor because it seemed like I was getting 2 or 3 migraines a week, and because of that I was taking ALOT of Advil. I'd have to take 1000mg just to take the edge off one. Anyway, the Dr. put me on a beta blocker to see if that would prevent them. He also gave me an Rx for Imatrex, which works great when I do get one. So I took and Imatrex when I got home and after dinner I went and laid down and got a nice 2 hour nap. Its still there, just a little, but its pretty much gone, thank goodness. Just in time to say goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment