Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pies, VBS and Nathaniel & the Mud Puddle

As I mentioned in last nights post, I had to go take rhubarb out of the freezer to make pies for our final night of VBS, which is tonight. So this morning, before it got too warm, I made a Crusty Rhubarb Pie & a Crusty Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie. Here's a couple of pictures of the Crusty Rhubarb Pie. Its doesn't have a lot of fruit in it, but just enough to taste the rhubarb. The Strawberry-Rhubarb pie wasn't as pretty, so I didn't take pictures of it.... it kind of overflowed the pie plate a little.

These are pictures taken about 5 minutes after I took the pie out of the oven. I wasn't able to catch any of the steam rising from the pie....

The VBS finale went very well. The kids had a blast with all the songs we sang, and the parents seemed to have a good time too. The pie and ice cream afterwards seemed to be a big hit as well. There was so much pie left the ladies in the kitchen weren't sure what they were going to do with all of it. Too much left to put in the fridge until Sunday. There was a gal who helped with the preschoolers that made an awesome chocolate chip cookie pie. Yep, a chocolate chip cookie pie. It was yummy! She's going to give me the recipe, so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll post it after I get it.
These pictures of Nathaniel were taken a few days ago, Saturday, I think, after we got a good rain overnight. There are a couple of places in the driveway that hold water after everything else is dried out. Nathaniel likes to play in the one closest to the house. I usually yell at him to get out of the mud puddle, but this time I didn't, much to his surprise.

Nathaniel likes to run around in his pull up. I think he'd actually run around naked if I'd let him. He was a filthy boy when he came in and in need of a shower. David never played in the mud like Nathaniel does. He's more like me in that David doesn't like to get really dirty.
Is tomorrow really Friday? My week's been all messed up because of VBS. Have a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment