Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Nice, Relaxing Sunday.....

It was a lovely Sunday. The weather was warm but not unbearably so, we grilled burgers & hot dogs for lunch, then lounged around until it was time to go to VBS.

This year's VBS is "Crocodile Dock", and tonight was the first night, and it went very well. The kids seemed to have a blast & I enjoyed it too. I'm helping lead the music, and its a very easy job. We play a DVD that is basically a bunch of music videos - kids singing & doing motions that go with the words to the songs. So I have to get up and sing and do the motions as well. That's my job. I was a bit hesitant at first when I learned that there were actions to the songs, but after practicing them with David earlier this week, I figured out something I should have realized sooner. The fact that you get up in front of the kids and act silly make it that much more enjoyable for the kids.

Oh my, I'm beat. I think its high time I make it to bed before 10:00 pm. For the first time in more than 2 weeks. Night-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment