Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Toe Paint and a Birthday

This morning as I polished my toenails, Nathaniel, the birthday boy, watched intently. First it was, "I help?" Then, "paint toes" as he sat down in a chair and held his feet up for me. So I turned it into "you go potty and I'll paint your toes." Off he ran to the potty, peed and came running back to the chair. I would've put a lighter color of polish on if I had one, but I don't think he would've let me, cause it wouldn't have been what I had on. Here's the end result. And he's so proud of it. At least he doesn't wear flip flops, so no one will see unless he doesn't have shoes on. I do have to say that Daddy wasn't thrilled.


Then David had to join in. His didn't last very long, however, he wanted it taken off shortly after I put it on. "Mom, nail paint is for girls, and since I'm not a girl, please take it off." Polish, David. Its polish, not paint. Ah, but what do boys know about nail polish?



Today, of course, is Nathaniel's 4th birthday. I can't belive that 4 years has gone by since he joined our family. Its gone by so quickly! But here he is opening his presents.

This is Sideswipe. This was the gift that David bought for Nathaniel with his birthday money he got from Richard's dad. David could hardly contain himself when Nathaniel opened it.

And some twist-up Crayola crayons. He's always trying to swipe David's, so its just easier for each to have their own set.


And a big bottle of bubbles. He loves blowing bubbles, and it was only $4 for 100 ounces. We're going to use it to refill his bubble sword that he got earlier this summer, which is empty now.


Nathaniel and David love watching Tom and Jerry on Cartoon network, so I knew this would be a big hit. They haven't watched any of it yet, but will on the upcoming trip to Grandma & Grandpa's house.


To go with the twist-up crayons, Nathaniel got a big Thomas the Tank Engine coloring book and some markers (only used under supervision). What Nathaniel hasn't discovered yet is that there are over 700 stickers in the coloring book.


This is another Transformer, whose name escapes me. This is from Uncle Chris, Aunt Heather, Owen and Lily. He loves it! Thank you!!


And now, the pie. I know, we're breaking from the traditional cake. Its a chocolate chip cookie pie. Its yummy, but very, very, very rich. I had a small sliver and could barely finish it. In fact, I didn't.


Blowing out the candle......


All in all it was a good day. So-so on the potty training front, but its going to take a while with him.
Nathaniel, I love you so much! You'll always be my baby, but I promise to try to not to treat you like one as you get older. Happy Birthday, sweetheart! Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment